Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Mommed

The first day of this month has never been a favorite of mine, but this last day ... a gift. It is the day I celebrate my Momma. I have written her something almost every year on her birthday since she 'gained her wings'. This year is no different. Here's hoping that you will enjoy. There are definitive Momma references in her ~ IYKYK.


Mommed
by Lyn Marinello

It's just another morning
Just another clear blue sky
Another mundane twenty-four hours
Of an as-yet-unanswered why

I am proud to say I've learned
To mostly hold myself together
To not run completely off the rails
While I wander without tether

I've learned to see your signals
Little signs you send my way
How I sometimes hear your voice
In the sentences I say

The cardinals in the morning
Or the sunset's stunning red
The extra pillows where I sleep
So I can sit-em-up in bed

The aromatic bliss
Of the flowers that abound
And how absolutely every thing
Creates its own sweet musical sound

Your favorite quips and quotes
The lyrics you used to sing
Buoy me on my saddest days
Spare me from that desolate sting

The engaging soulful eyes
Of the offspring you never met
Or their silly, sweet expressions
Let me know you're there, you bet

And though you're not here in person
I've received each and every clue
Happy Heavenly Birthday
I'm so blessed to have been Mommed by you.

2 comments:

  1. Just got a chance to catch up on your posts, Momma blesses every day…You bet!

    ReplyDelete