Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Rewards

Life is full of rewards ~
you just have to know where to look.
I'm not talking about trophies, headlines, accolades, or lotteries.
I'm referring to REAL rewards.
The ones you feel deep in your bones.

At my crazy job, that makes me nuts and tired and loopy,
I had several guests yesterday that helped me to remember
the real rewards in life.

The first was a regular.
She was buying pants for her mother who was recovering from surgery.
She didn't have a lot of money because she herself is on her last round of chemo
for breast cancer.
I walked her across the store and helped her find some good sales.
She ended up in my line - and there were tears in both our eyes as we wished
each other a Happy Thanksgiving ~ each thankful for the other.

The second was an elderly woman.
She was frantic about buying the perfect shoes for an upcoming event with
very limited funds to do so.
She had a coupon and rewards and her shoes were on clearance.
When I told her that her shoes were free, she too started crying.
She said I was an Angel and she was thankful for me.

I didn't do anything but my job.
But, in doing so I touched a heart.
There is nothing as rewarding as to improve the life of another human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment