Wednesday, December 7, 2016

That's OK

When I was very young, I tried Brownies/Girl Scouts.
It was fun, but it wasn't for me, and that's OK.
I took dance lessons for eons and learned a lot.
I didn't pursue it and that's OK.
I tried to learn to play the piano. I can play and read music.
I'm no maestro and that's OK.
I learned to play golf and beat a lot of the boys (from the men's tees).
I could have chased that dream, but didn't, and that's OK.
I spent years doing gymnastics. (The dance helped).
I was decent but not spectacular, and that's OK.
I joined the track team. Loved to run and jump.
Sprints were my bag, no long distance . . . and that's OK.
I write poetry and blogs and stories and letters.
I'm able to touch a few and that's OK.
I do a lot of volunteering cause it feels like the right thing to do.
I can help a soul or two and that's OK.

I don't need accolades or spotlights or trophies or medals.
I don't need participation awards.
I don't need back pats or headlines or bi-lines.

I know I try.
I know I do my best.
I know I attempt to make a difference.
and . . .
That's OK.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment