Saturday, June 16, 2018

Dad

It is Father's Day tomorrow.
I had three dads and a father-in-law.
Each had positive qualities.
Each had flaws.
I'm a little jealous of those folks
who have/had those real close father/daughter relationships.
(Like my husband and my daughter.)
It's a beautiful thing to see and witness.
But I have to be thankful and grateful for what I did have.
I have learned to filter the bad
and maintain the good.
My children are terribly blessed.
They've only had one dad,
but he's been kind of extraordinary.
Whatever kind of dad you are -
biological, step, foster, in-law, big-brother, or even mom -
remember that you are shaping our future.
You have a big responsibility.
I am thanking you in advance
for doing an amazing job.
Go . . . do Dad things.

Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment