Monday, September 17, 2018

Go . . .

Because, somehow,
we've raised two wanderers . . .
and those who wander
are really not always lost . . .
I give you some favorites.

I find myself becoming greedy.
Greedy for new experiences,
new sights and cities.
I've become an addict for adventure,
and I'm afraid there is no cure.

Jobs fill your pocket.
Adventures fill your soul.

Wherever you go
becomes a part of you somehow.

Spend your life with the people
who make even going to the grocery store
an adventure.

And if travel is like love, it is, in the end,
mostly because it's a heightened state of awareness,
in which we are mindful, receptive,
undimmed by familiarity and ready to be transformed.
That is why the best trips, like the best love affairs,
never really end.

Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment