Monday, August 26, 2019

The things my mother did to me ...

Well, my goodness,
the things my mother did to me.

She taught me to be me:

If you're telling me a sad story,
I may very well burst into tears on the spot.
If you're explaining how someone hurt you,
I'm going home to put my ass-whoopin' shoes on.
If you find yourself falling apart,
I'll be sitting beside you, holding you together.
If you've got some extraordinary news,
I'll be baking a cake and blowing up balloons.
If you're too tired to get over the hurdle,
I'll get my shovel and dig you a tunnel.
And when words are unnecessary
and you simply don't want to be alone,
I'll just exist with you … watching over you.

She may have left this world way too early,
but she blazed a trail like no one else.
She lived with her whole heart.
She loved with her whole being.
I wanna be like her if I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment