Tuesday, April 28, 2020

National Superhero Day

Today is National Superhero Day!
Now, one of my favorite sayings is: "Not all Superheroes wear capes!"
Today is a grand day to bring that to light.
Bestest Superhero ever? Momma!
Through absolutely every bit of chaos in her life,
she unwaveringly stood firm in her love, her guidance and her ethics.
She taught me everything I know, cheered my passions,
set my boundaries, lifted me up, kept me grounded.
Hubby and Kids:
This man of mine sometimes makes me crazy,
but there is not one person I would rather be crazy with.
He listens (perhaps, selectively), leads, and laughs.
He pushes, persuades, and praises.
He is the single best decision I ever made.
Close seconds are my babies!!!
Fighters, dreamers, survivors, creators.
Passionate, compassionate, philanthropic, tenacious.
Courageous, daring, witty, bold and beautiful.
Brothers:
Six uniquely different souls each with unique gifts.
Some faux bros in there, too!
Blessed to be able to share life with them.
Amie, Ann, Athena, Carol, Dianna, Lenny, Nancy, Susie (alphabetically):
Each taking unwavering stands in my years to keep me sane.
Each beautifully unconditional in their love and support.
Each integrally vital to my health, sanity and optimism.
Shirelles, Hope, Lisa, and an army of others:
For keeping me on the straight and narrow.
For helping me maintain good mental and ethical health.
For countless hours of soothing talks and belly laughs.

You have more than earned your capes!
You may not be able to fly in the sky or leap tall buildings,
but you are immortal and amazing in my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment