Saturday, April 24, 2021

Ch-Angels & Chocolate

To teach is to touch a life forever.
I'm not sure who said that,
but it surely is true.
About a hundred years ago,
in the midst of attempting to achieve
my Regents math degree for high school,
I came across a Teacher Man
who apparently saw something in me.
He taught me math, for sure,
(and I honestly believe
searched for points to pass me),
but he was also a kind human.
He conversed, was interested,
offered advice, supported endeavors,
laughed and listened to me ...
and a multitude of others.
He continues to do so.
He supports my efforts,
acknowledges my gifts,
nominates me for things I don't deserve,
shares his point of view
without malice or expectation,
and when he saw that I was having
a rough day (through an on-line post),
he took the time to buy some chocolate,
have it packaged and shipped to me,
all in an effort to improve my down days.
Sometimes, Ch-Angels don feathers.
Sometimes, Ch-Angels send chocolate.
Thanks Teacher Man.
You, my dear friend, are a true Ch-Angel.
Love, respect and admire you much!

1 comment: