Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Motherhood

April always brings my own Momma to the forefront of my thoughts.
I celebrate her birth and her halo both.
I strive to use the gifts she blessed me with
to be purposeful and to hopefully make her proud.
I stare, in awe, at my own children,
pondering how in the world I was so blessed ...
not with simplicity or ease,
but with tenacity and determination in both
and yet they manage to be loving, kind, devoted humans.
And now, my daughter, has her own daughter ...
and it is a most precariously delightful hamster wheel to run on.

When I saw this quip,
it truly brought things to a very realistic circle for me.
Hoping it touches someone else out there as well ...

A mother's job is
to teach her children
not to need her
any more.
The hardest part
of that job
is accepting
success.

No comments:

Post a Comment