Saturday, May 13, 2023

M.O.M.

So it's Mother's Day Weekend.
Hoping you're making the most of it.
Eventually, there comes a tiny bitter sting to it,
but you learn to see the beauty in what the departed
have instilled that lingers on.
When my beautiful Momma passed,
I wrote a poem.
It's what I do.
It is cathartic.
It is therapy.
It is comforting.
The first line of hers said,

M.O.M. means Master of Magic

and so, as this weekend pressed in on me,
I began to think about that and expand a little.
If you know these people ... you may even chuckle.

In reference to my grandmother, Poppa:
Magistrate of Marvelous

Regarding my own self ...
Mayor of Mayhem

Pertaining to my daughter who's about to welcome #2 ~
Maestro of Magnificence

To all you maestros, mayors, masters, magistrates and more ...
God bless you and know that you're doing an awesome job.

No comments:

Post a Comment