Thursday, September 25, 2014

Time Out

In speaking to an old friend last week, I learned that an even older friend's wife was possibly showing signs of serious aging and maybe more. It was a sad discovery. It was a bittersweet moment when the first friend told me that the second friend was actually asking about me.
It made me really stop.


Today, I took a Time Out.


I did something few folks even remember how to do.
I picked up a notebook and a pen and I hand wrote a two-page letter to those friends.
I explained that I thanked them for allowing me into their lives.
I explained that by their inclusion of me, my life was greatly improved.
I explained that each person in that family deeply and truly touched my heart
and seriously impacted my life.
I explained that I thought it necessary and important for me to share this information.
I believe that those I truly love - should know it and why.


Would you take a Time Out?
You don't have to get all crazy. You could type and email a letter,
but imagine the surprise and tangible truth in the hands of that recipient.
Take Time Out today to acknowledge someone who has touched your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment