Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Move Along

So, as is usually the case, in the midst of conversing
and listening and trying to help a friend . . .
I have helped myself.
What a wonderful thing.


She wanted to know why people behave a certain way.
She wanted answers for their poor and despicable choices.
She wanted closure before allowing their betrayals to dissipate.
Today, I was going to post something directed at a specific someone, to make a point.
To create a statement.
To try to alter their thinking, their behavior, their choices.


I said to my dear friend,
'What difference does their behavior make?
Does it really matter to you and your situation?
Wouldn't it be better to surround yourself with positivity
instead of sinking in the mire that is their existence?'


And so . . . I am going to listen to myself.
Evil, ugly hearted, poor behaving people . . . have a nice day.
I will move along and enjoy all the blessings and beauty that surrounds me.
I will move along and absorb the sunshine, the kindnesses,
the countless good things that come my way
and not try to understand your sad, pitiful, woeful behavior.


I will move along.
Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment