Saturday, October 17, 2015

Where do you live?

I'm not asking about the kind of house,
or the state . . .
but more your state of mind.

There are those that live in a dark house,
decorated in sadness,
that have let life dilapidate and destroy
the foundation it should be built on.
They close the curtains.
They plant pity-me flowers.
They choose to live on lonely street,
at Heartbreak Hotel.
(for my musical friends).

I choose to live
on the sunny side of the street.
Life has tried to beat me up.
It has thrown me all kinds of storms,
but my foundation is solid.
I choose to throw open my curtains
and let the sunlight pour in.
I may not have the greenest thumb,
but I keep on planting beautiful flowers.
I live in positivity,
in love,
in joy.

You're welcome to visit any time.
I'd really rather prefer you move in next door! 

No comments:

Post a Comment