Monday, November 28, 2016

Be Intelligent

In order to survive,
one must be not only able, but willing,
to listen, educate, and make informed decisions.

I am a big softy.
I wish every day for everyone to get along.
I hope each minute for peace and compassion.
I realize that's a big ask.

I am not so gullible, however,
as to simply believe whatever I hear.
I ask questions.
I will go to the source, if it's available, and tear it up.
I read. I learn. I ponder. I search.
Sometimes, I will separate myself  from what I love so dearly,
as to understand things better.
That is a painful task for me, albeit necessary.
I don't judge you from your past.
I base opinions on actions and direct speech that I hear.
Gossip is only good for making gardens grow.

Love who you'd like.
Open your heart entirely.
Give unconditionally.
But be intelligent about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment