Monday, January 16, 2017

Those Days

There will be 'those days'.

When you feel like the little black cloud sits atop your head.
When the traffic all seems to be coming head on.
When the struggles seems a bit more obtrusive.
When the world seems a little less kind.

This is how I handle those days.
Like Grandpa taught me:  bob and weave
Like Poppa taught me:  say what you want
Like Momma taught me:  NEXT!

And, when I put myself into bed,
I thank God for the day;
for the lessons, for the struggle, for the traffic, for the rain, for the ugliness;
for the blessings, for the ability to fight, for the car, for fresh growth, for my heart.
I ask Him to look after my kids, my hubby, and our families.
And then I ask Him to lead me where I'm supposed to go.

When I awaken,
it is a fresh slate, a clean canvas, a brand new adventure.

Enjoy and embrace your days -
no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment