Saturday, August 25, 2018

Words

It does not take a lot of effort to speak.
It takes less effort to speak kindly.
It causes more emotion and elation
than you will ever know.

I received quite a few birthday cards.
Thank you one and all.
One of them had a little handwritten note.
It said . . . simply . . .

Do you know what a difference you make
every day?

Now this pal has had some serious impact on our lives.
She has walked us through some incredibly rough patches.
She has brightened dark days.
She has lifted my kids up more times than I can count.
She has lifted me up even more than that.
She's just a Ch-Angel beyond description.
And she says that I make a difference?
What a beautiful gift that card is.
Keeps making me cry.
Thank you.

The point?
What you say matters.
What you do matters.
You have no idea how or who you may impact.
Words matter. Use them for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment