Tuesday, April 16, 2019

It Is Said

It Is Said

It is said that I gave life to you
But I'm not sure that's true
That I chose to add to what's on earth
That reasoning's misconstrued
Your features resemble my own
Your height, I'm sorry, does too
Your dimples are in far better places
Than the ones that I hide from view
I birthed you both with troubles
Issues you've both overcome
Excelling beyond expectation
Unhindered by where you've come from
Your strength is far greater than any
That I could achieve at a gym
It begins at your very center
And is magnified out from within
Undeterred by any obstacles
Confrontations are met without haste
You embrace life's every second
You've learned time is too precious to waste
It is said that I gave life to you
But I'm not sure that's true
I am absolutely confident
That my life is far greater because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment