Friday, January 31, 2020

Express Yourself

Did you hear what I was feeling?
Do you see what I was thinking?
Do you feel my insecurities?
Do you understand what I was hoping?
Did you grasp my intentions?

None of that makes any sense.
And yet … it all makes perfect sense.
This world is a crazy, mixed up, jumbled mess
moving at speeds that put The Enterprise to shame.
There is hardly any time to convey your thoughts,
and even when you do,
those thoughts and their intentions will surely be skewed.

Wouldn't it be wonderful
if folks just took a whole undistracted moment
to say what they mean,
mean what they say,
act from their heart,
transmit from their soul?
No static, white noise, nonsense.
Just the truth in its rawest form
delivered unencumbered by societal dust.

Go.
Express Yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment