Wednesday, February 12, 2020

1

So, sometimes, if you can believe it, I am sad.
I am discouraged by the hate and nastiness out there.
There is so much divisiveness and ugliness.
It pains me.
Politically, whether you are of the left wing or the right wing,
they belong to the same bird.
Socially, wherever you sit on the percentage scale,
we belong to the same community.
The bird and the community are hurting.
I did not choose the title "One".  I chose the number.
When you break apart the word, you've got three letters.
When you break apart the number,
all you have is fragments;
parts without a whole;
specks without a purpose.
Why do we need a catastrophe to come together?
Differences do not need to divide.
Opposites really can attract.
We have 1 planet;
1 life;
1 shot to do the right thing.
Let's try a little harder folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment