Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Destination

Over three decades ago,
a strapping monster of a man
with a wee, little conscience,
moved me from my tiny home town
to 'the big city' far away.
Little did I know
that his brains were all in his biceps
and his heart was horrifically unfaithful.
The troubles he caused me
are indefinably deep and unhealing.
But ...
without that journey,
I would never have had 
to get a second job
to pay the bills he left me with
and I would have never met my Victor
at said job.
I don't abhor the asshat that moved me.
He did selfish, heartless things,
but that journey was necessary
to be where I am.
I do not hate the bumpy road.
What I learned is immeasurable
and the destination
is extraordinary.

(Am I still talking about me???)

2 comments:

  1. Boy I can relate to this one! Truth. But I have no regrets!

    ReplyDelete