Monday, August 3, 2020

Things I've Learned

As another birthday sneaks up on me,
I tend to reflect on life -
accomplishments,
disappointments,
lessons,
values,
all that jazz.
Here's a couple of things I've learned.
Perhaps someone out there
needs to see one ... or all ... of these.
Sometimes, a fresh perspective is an amazing thing.
1. Just because he/she doesn't love you the way you'd like,
doesn't mean he/she doesn't love you with everything they are.
2. Failures and betrayals are not negative events. They are lessons.
3. The mean people are not pointing out your flaws,
they are trying to hide and diminish their own.
4. I have had scraps and I have eaten well. My table is best set
with friends and family all around it.
5. Some friends are the best family I have ever had.
6. Listen with your heart. See with your soul. Feel with everything you are.
7. Selflessness is a gift unto itself.
8. Love and time are fleeting. Grab every bit of both.
9. You can be right without screaming or making a scene about it.
10. Change is difficult, but inevitable. Be pliable, patient, and positive.
Go and have yourself an extraordinary day.

No comments:

Post a Comment