Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Choose Happy

By now, most of you know
that I will stand up and fight
most anything that comes my way.
I might cower at first,
I may even cry,
but go ahead ... 
underestimate me ...
that'll be fun.
And even though my cup is full,
it sometimes feels
like I'm drinking from a cheese grater.
And I may seem to be a light,
but my candle has burned so much from both ends,
it's occasionally just a pile of wax.
And to some I may seem awfully strong,
but there are definitely days
when I just want to curl up with my pooch
and remember what unconditional love is.
My point is this:
Positivity may sometimes be fleeting;
Hope can intermittently feel lost;
Stress can occasionally be overwhelming;
but ...
you've always got a choice in your response.
You can choose unity.
You can choose kindness.
You can choose support.
You can choose faith.
You can choose love.
You can choose happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment