Monday, February 1, 2021

One Last Lullaby

Meet me at the garden's gate where we can reminisce
where I might hear your voice again, those dulcet tones emit such bliss.
Find me at the salty sea it's such a pretty, peaceful place
my swimming stroke has lost its strength, please buoy me with your grace.
Let's congregate at the mountain's top, a vista void of just detail
where memories are so alive though my heart is tired and frail.
Let me touch your feathered wing so soft and fleecy white
remind me you dwell within my core though you're sometimes out of sight.
Wrap me in your loving arms, an embrace I cannot feel
yet there is such a welcome warmth, it's indescribably surreal.
And from your world of opulence shed a beam of light on me
for on the sunniest of summer days I find it's still too dark to see.
Drape me in the silkiness of your pure Angelic garb
though the daily walk without you is a heavy, hurtful barb.
Seek me at the gates of pearl if only in my dreams
hold me in my slumber, squelch my tears and fevered screams
Sing me one last lullaby, rock me gently near your soul
and when I wake to a new day's sun,til we meet again, I might be whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment