Friday, December 24, 2021

Angels Among Us

Oh, I believe there are Angels Among Us.

So yesterday, I posted about finding the positives instead of accepting the negatives.
Here is yesterday's story.

God shared my shoulders with not one, not two, but three people yesterday morning.
I was their go-to vent and they let it all go.
I listened, talked, virtually hugged them, tried to lift them up,
and tried to be what they needed at that time.
I was thankful they chose me, but, truth be told ...
it was very draining.
I wouldn't want to change their choice, but my heart was heavy.
So, on about my daily chores.
I found myself at a second grocery store for a few items.
A very tiny, frail-ish older woman was standing behind me.
We were just two of many, many people in the store.
As I finally reached the belt and was able to put my few items on,
I turned to see she really had just a few small item; probably less than 20.
For whatever reason, I asked if I could help her put her items on the belt.
And that was that ...
she smiled a beautiful smile and told me that would be wonderful
as her sciatic was acting up and her husband was sick and couldn't come to the store.
She was wondering how she was going to manage.
I unloaded her buggy and she proceeded to tell me
she was thankful, at 85, to be out and about 
and she thought it was because God needed her to teach Sunday School each week,
that she was lucky to be around and able to do so much because her husband was so good to her.
She added that they ought to change the name from
"The Golden Years" to "The Tarnished Years".
I interrupted her, just the once, and said,
"Ma'm, you have no idea how well you shine. 
Thank you for being you and for being here."
She thanked me and wished me a blessed Christmas.
Sometimes ... Angels don't have wings ...
they are tiny and frail and push grocery carts.
Enjoy your days.

No comments:

Post a Comment