Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Oh Brother!

Today is National Brother Day!
It would be a fair statement
to say I hit the jackpot in that department.
Born into four elders,
and incorporated two youngers,
life was always very entertaining.
Each with their own fabulous attributes,
and their own unique quirks,
they helped create who I am
(sometimes just a matter of survival).
Add to that crew of craftsmen,
educators, musicians, ministers, sportsmen,
rebels, partmers, thespians, daredevils;
several faux brothers and
the excitement and adventures just continued.
Then I got married
and had a beautiful daughter
who I was blessed to give a brother,
who is most of those things and much, much more.
They might make me crazy on occasion,
but I'd be lost without any of them
(as we learned with Ch-Angel Skippy),
but I know he watches over me.
Oh, Brother ~ am I blessed.
If you've got one - or six ~
enjoy them ...
today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment