Thursday, June 23, 2022

People

Sometimes,
as I wonder through memories,
I am overwhelmed
with the realization
of who you are
and what you did
to help me build myself ~
sometimes from fragments
and remnants;
sometimes toward victories
and championships;
sometimes just a little better
than the day before.
There are so many people
who played their role
and walked away,
broke me and bragged,
lingered and loved.
Each of you
was/is vital in my journey.
The bruises healed,
and I grew stronger.
The friendship faded,
but the memories are joyous.
The bond continues,
and I am grateful.
The people we encounter
become whatever life
and our decisions make them.
I am thankful for my tribe,
for my stepping stones,
for my sounding boards,
for my support,
for my friends and family
and framily,
for my people.

No comments:

Post a Comment