Friday, December 23, 2022

Hope

So a dear, old friend, who recently lost a sibling,
shared a post she'd written years ago and
there were a few words that immediately caught my attention.
They were weighing on me ever since, until I had a moment,
and then ...

Hope
by Lyn Marinello

The Christmas lights are twinkling
but I'm struggling to cope
Adrift in a sea of festive faces
I seem to have misplaced my hope
The carolers are singing
I trudge along mired in mope
I cannot shake the worldly weight
I've truly disconnected from my hope
The skaters jump and twirl
The sledders race down every slope
And in the midst of this jubilance
I simply cannot find my hope
Off to church I went
my pant knees all thread bare
Head bowed, hands folded tightly
I was fervently in prayer
Jeremiah 29:11
His plans He did declare
I felt the tiniest of sparks
and continued in my prayer
Within the book of Romans
Instead of searching for what's fair
We rejoice within our sufferings
and are thankful in our prayer
All at once its brilliance came to me
Christ's unwavering love in full kaleidoscope
Seek not joy in tangible things
But in Jesus' Christmas gift of hope


I sure hope that the friend who inspired this,
not only sees it,
but understands I tried my best to capture your message.
Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment