Saturday, December 3, 2022

Where is your key?

This is written in the 'she',
but can be exchanged
with whatever pronoun makes you happy!

One morning, she woke up different.
Done with trying to figure out
who was with her, against her,
or wandering in the middle
because they didn't have the guts to choose.
She was done with things
that did not bring her peace.
She realized that
opinions were a dime a dozen,
validation was for parking,
and loyalty was more than a word ~
it was a lifestyle.
It was this day that her life changed.
It was this day that she realized
that life is way too short
to leave the key to your happiness
in someone else's pocket.

And yes, of course,
I tweaked it and made it my own
...
because I hold my key.

Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. That morning was well over a decade ago for me... this is wonderfully accurate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you found your key and hold it tight. Good on you.

      Delete