Tuesday, September 5, 2023

His Hands

Thanks, kids, for putting up with my very brief hiatus.
I needed a little down time.
So, a little while ago, I shared what I woke up to,
but knew it wasn't done.
It finished itself over the long weekend.

Believe what you will,
but unless I am truly driven to write
by something larger than myself,
put this one beside the last one
and explain it to me.

I go where I am led, learning to listen,
and follow the gift I've been given.

Enjoy and let me know whatcha think ...


His Hands
by Lyn Marinello

In His heart He knew me
before my very birth.
Steadfast in my purpose,
certain, always, of my worth.

In His eyes He sees me,
through every sinful flaw,
as a beautiful creation,
though often battered, beaten, raw.

In His words I'm offered
a path toward sweet salvation,
humbled by commandments,
on my knees; great revelation.

Through His grace I'm gifted
to dwell within His word,
to see clearly where He leads me
when my own earthly vision's blurred.

In His hands He'll guide me,
He will protect me and He'll hold me,
He'll uplift me and restrain me,
and joyfully, He will mold me ...

No comments:

Post a Comment