Saturday, January 18, 2014

Perfection

As of late, the term 'perfect' has been thrown at me or in my direction quite a bit.
I find it quite humorous.
There exists only one bit of perfection - and I give thanks to Him nightly and ask for guidance from Him each morning.


Folks have been talking about 'perfect family,' 'perfect jobs,' 'perfect workouts,' 'perfect haircuts,' and more. I simply laugh.


There is no perfect family. Mine, in point, puts the "fun" in dysfunctional! We are horribly sarcastic and tease and rib each other to no end. We wrestle and have been known to put on sparring gear and beat the snot out of one another.


The perfect job, I would think, is one where you just get paid and don't work. That sounds good, but there are tasks you can perform that you don't mind and might even love doing. Those jobs usually serve a grander purpose and seem, to me, to be about as close to perfect as can be. There is a reason it is called work.


Perfect workouts? Really???  I love a serious leg workout, but I am not deluded enough to believe that I won't have to do a three-point-stance to pee for three days afterward. Chest, back and arms are a delicious workout, until you feel like Grover trying to wash your hair the next day. And by 'trying,' I mean not being very successful.


Perfect haircuts. Hmmmmm. One man's trash . . .    I, by no means, have much to stand on, but I know what works for my hair and so I just stick with it. There are those that parade around, spewing and ranting about a haircut that looks more like a John Deere catastrophe. But . . . hey . . . maybe that's what works for your hair. I just don't think 'perfect' is the word you ought to use.


It's kind of like the Seinfeld "breathtaking" episode. It's all in your perspective. I will clarify that I am FAR from what anyone might consider perfect. I have my perspective and you have yours. You enjoy your perfect afternoon of whatever it is that makes your heart happy and I will enjoy the company of my husband, dining on some bbq, snuggling on the sofa, while catching some pigskin playoffs and THAT will be a 'perfect' weekend for me.


Enjoy your perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment