Thursday, May 15, 2014

Puddles

A friend of mine posted some photos on line of her beautiful daughter playing in puddles during and after the recent deluge of rain.
This child was soaked to the bone and filthy, but had the biggest, cheese-eating grin on her face.


As a parent, we see this:
Those sneakers are going to take two days to dry.
I'll never get those socks clean ever again.
I'll have to turn the AC off or she'll catch pneumonia when she comes inside.
Now I'll have to do laundry. I can't leave soggy clothes just laying around.


And the child . . .
That was awesome!
Did you see how high I got some of those splashes?!
My shoes make super squishy noises!
If I stomp my feet, I can make puddles of my own!
That was a great way to cool off! It was so hot!


Perspective is everything.
Today, put aside the regiment, the order, the structure.
Go play in the puddles!

No comments:

Post a Comment