Wednesday, July 16, 2014

High Heels and Haymakers

Last night I sat with hubby and watched the latest UFC fights.
Oh what a hankering I got!


When I was in kindergarten or first grade, my mom put me in dance classes. I took tap, jazz, ballet, modern dance and gymnastics until 6th grade. In 6th grade I tried out for the gymnastics team. In 7th grade, I made it. I was also on the track team and did sprints, relays and high jump. Outside of school, I was quasi-responsible for a local golf club creating a girls golf team because the boys didn't like me playing on theirs . . . and beating them. My best was an 80 from the men's tees at Wiltwyck! Beyond that, I trained to be an aerobic instructor, was taught old school boxing by my grandfather who was a professional boxer, and also trained in body building. Since then, I zumba myself to pieces and am proficient in tennis, racquetball, chucking a football, and was one belt shy of a black belt in tae kwon do. I can shoot a pistol pretty well, done a little archery, and love to hike and rock climb.


On the flip side . . .


I have done two posters in my modeling phase, a car calendar (actually in exchange for a vehicle), and much public speaking. I clean up pretty well, have learned about doing commercials, runway, and acting and taken classes for all of it. I enjoy a beautiful dress, naughty shoes, and serious bling.


I am not telling you this to tout accomplishments.
I am shouting from the roof tops to NOT be pigeonholed into any specific stereotype.
You can do whatever you want.
You can kick the snot out of someone in a kickboxing class and then put on an evening gown.
The only thing holding you back is you.
The world is your oyster.
You've got the best of everything . . .


High Heels and Haymakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment