Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Kindness

I've been in customer service most of my life.
Nearly half a century of pleasing other people.
What I find most interesting is that I do not tire of it.


In speaking with a guest yesterday,
the conversation went from clothing sizes, to telephones,
to work, to money, and then to life.
His lesson for me was to find something I like to do and do it really well.
It is never good to trudge through life.
I explained to him that, no matter my title, I've always been in customer service.
He said, "No wonder you're so good at it. You're very personable and easy to talk to."


Now, to some, that's just a sentence.
To others, that might be a quick quip to finish a conversation.
To me, it meant the world.
We are sent Ch-Angels when we need them most.
Little gifts in our day that lift us up, dust us off, and slap a smile on our face.


Thank you SO much Mr. Veteran, looking for a white undershirt,
for taking a moment out of your day, to add a little kindness to mine.


What will your kindness be today?

No comments:

Post a Comment