Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful

I cannot begin to explain how thankful I am.


I may appear to have two beautiful children,
but they each have fought tooth and nail to get to where they are now.
They faced challenges no child should face.


I may appear to have an incredible marriage.
It has been frayed and torn and shattered by the stress of sick kids
and by the loss of loved ones.
It has survived and only grown stronger and deeper.


I may appear to be a wonderfully happy and go-lucky person.
I have been trampled and battered and tested more times than I can count.
My heart has ached and been broken repeatedly.
But I get up and proceed . . . stronger every time.


I am thankful for resilience.
I am thankful for tenacity.
I am thankful for faith.
I am thankful for blessings.
I am thankful for knowing that no matter what bothers me,
"this too shall pass".
I am thankful for family and friends,
for laughter and love.


What are YOU thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment