Monday, March 16, 2015

Have a Blessed Day

There is a little Ch-Angel at work that I thoroughly enjoy working beside
although it happens far too infrequently.
Her parting comment to most every guest:


"Have a Blessed Day!"


It just puts a smile on my face every single time I hear it.
To wish someone blessings . . .
it's so easy and simple . . .
and yet most of us are too wrapped up in nonsense
we cannot take the time to do this.


The last day I worked, it was crazy and hectic and stressful.
I wish my Ch-Angel was up front, but she was working elsewhere.
I did see her and got my hug, but I missed her presence on 'the front lines'.
And then . . . a wee little guest appeared.
She did not have many items.
She had waited in a lengthy line.
She didn't have a coupon.
She approached quietly, smiled broadly and responded politely
when I asked how she was and if she had found everything she wanted.
She paid for her items, looked me in the eyes,
covered my hand with hers and said,


"Have a Blessed Day!"


A simple gesture. A nominal kindness.
Completely changed my day.
Thank you!


Go . . . Have a Blessed Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment