Friday, July 3, 2015

Independence

As we approach our Independence Day,
first and foremost, we celebrate the military
that has allowed us that freedom.


Secondly,
independence is a privilege taken far too often for granted.
I am able to think as I choose.
Believe what I want.
Act, within the realm of the law, how I please.
This is because we are able to exercise our independence.
It is an honor and a privilege to do so.


So, while you may not always agree with me,
and I may not always agree with you,
it is that independence that makes this country grand.
Do not expect or attempt to squander that right
because you disagree with me.
And I, in turn, will allow you the rights and privileges
that you have as well.


Let us enjoy our independence.
Let us enjoy our freedom.
Let us respect it for ourselves;
and for one another.


Be safe. Be well.
Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment