Monday, October 31, 2016

Ch-Angel for Halloween

I have always had a hard time accepting compliments,
receiving gifts,
allowing gracious behavior.
I would rather be the giver of all those things
and when faced with being the recipient
I am often overcome with emotion.

This weekend, my Halloween Ch-Angel appeared.
Dressed as a new neighbor,
he came and did a bunch of yard work at our new house
(because all of our tools are still in storage).
When I called to thank him, he asked what I did at the house.
I told him I cleared one room of the carpet for upcoming installation.
I told him that I'd be doing a room each day over the weekend
prepping for Tuesday's install.
He popped in yesterday morning and tore up the other two rooms for me.
I literally sobbed.

To realize that there are still good folks out there,
just looking to do favors,
without expectation of repayment or reciprocation,
is a beautiful thing.

God bless my new Ch-Angel neighbor.
You earned your wings, and then some, my friend.

Hoping you're surrounded by Ch-Angels this spooky day, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment