Thursday, February 9, 2017

Other Mother

I have written before about 'framily';
those folks that are not blood relatives
but who are far more like family than some family.
Well, today is a special day.
It is the birthday of my 'Other Mother'.
I'm not quite sure how long this beautiful Ch-Angel
was friends with my mom,
but I know that she knew me before I was me.
She's encouraged me to write.
She's listened when I needed to vent.
She's calmed me when near hysteria.
She's guided me through nonsense.
She's supported me through trials.
She's loved me through some serious hurts.
She might not have birthed me,
but she's certainly earned her title.
I hope you have a fantastic sort of day.
Please know how very much you are loved.

And for those out there simply reading,
I hope and pray with all my heart
that you've got someone like this person in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment