Thursday, March 9, 2017

Women

I did not forget or overlook International Women's Day.
I choose to celebrate women EVERY day.
The strong ladies, beginning with my mom, who find a way.

They don't need power positions.

Motherhood (or the act thereof for folks without kids)
is a limitless position that requires extensive knowledge
of nearly every little thing on earth.
We make butter knives into screwdrivers,
blankets into rainy day forts,
towels into superhero capes,
and scraps into gourmet meals.
We kiss boo boo's, take passionate stances,
beat down bullies, and carry forty-eight grocery bags at once.
We memorize every pertinent piece of information
the family might ever need at any given moment.
We find a way to pick up all the children
from every activity and still manage
to grab the drycleaning, groceries, and feed the critters.
We ache when our kids hurt.
We will test every fiber of our being
to be available to others.
We empower others instead of tearing them down.
We encourage our men
and although we can conquer the world,
we'd occasionally just enjoy a massage and cold beverage.
I don't need worldly recognition.
I just need to hear my kids laugh, get a hug from my husband
and realize my own value.
So go be whatever it is that you want to be,
and acknowledge your worth EVERY single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment