Friday, June 23, 2017

Children are Ch-Angels

When my son was sick and took up reading,
we soon became avid (or rabid) Barnes & Noble-rs.
When my daughter began dabbling in art,
we cheered her on through every medium -
colored pencils, gel pens, paint, canvas.
When Deanna began to pursue photography,
we inquired about lenses and cameras and pushed her to chase that dream.
When Miles grabbed on to movies,
we'd accompany him and although I still watch for pure entertainment,
I have begun to notice many more things about how they shoot things,
scripting, lighting and love to listen to him jabber on.
When both became obsessed with travel,
I had my reservations (lol - see what I did there?),
but eventually learned to let them go.
See the world.
Experience what you can.
Explore. Absorb.
Of course, I always tell them to 'Make Good Choices,"
but it fills my heart with joy to see them spread their wings
(both literally and figuratively)
and do what brings them joy.
They may be a product of my husband and I,
but they are extraordinary human beings all on their own.
They bring so much to the table ~ any table.
They amaze me and astound me and fill me with pride
that they have chosen their own paths,
overcome their own obstacles,
and have become incredible people.
It is hard as a parent not to control or persuade,
but if you can find that uncomfortably thin line and walk it,
the results are simply overwhelming.
Charge on Ch-Angels!

No comments:

Post a Comment