Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Therapy

I've long been a proponent of therapy writing.

If you're angry - write a letter.
If you're disgruntled - write a letter.
If you're bitter - write a letter.
If you're hurt - write a letter.
If you're lost - write a letter.
If you're unhappy - write a letter.

No where in there does it say
SEND the letter.

Sometimes, just the exercise of venting,
expelling those feelings,
extricating your emotions
is the best thing for you.

Holding things in is unhealthy.
Spewing hatred helps nothing.
Letting go of the baggage . . .
euphoria!

2 comments:

  1. Actually I prefer to write what I consider poetry ( may not be ).Here's one I wrote a while back
    A MOVING EXPERIENCE

    Not all I had was taken,
    So much was left behind.
    You may think I'm mistaken,
    But that would be unkind.

    I took all I thought I needed.
    If it belonged to me at all.
    And then I blithely proceeded,
    To answer my inward call.

    It's not what I am leaving,
    A mixture of good and bad.
    Some things for which I am grieving,
    Some things for which I'm glad.

    But friends are where you find them,
    And God is everywhere.
    New friends are really no problem,
    When Jesus you always share.

    It's not a new life I am starting,
    Just a change in what I do.
    Even though I am departing,
    From him and her and you.

    You're all still in my thinking,
    As I go on my way.
    Wide-eyed and unblinking.
    As I face each new-born day.


    Written on the occasion of my retirement from GTE. Hope you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fabulous! Well done. Now you know I love me some poetry. It truly is a wonderful outlet. Not everyone is gifted in prose. So . . . letter writing works for that blog! Keep it up. You should start a blog or web page for your poetry! xo

    ReplyDelete