Tuesday, November 7, 2017

And the Angels Smiled

I have a little Florida friend
that I have known for probably nearly 20 years.
We didn't pal around,
but we were always pals.
She's a great mom, a great friend,
and an extraordinary person.
She is selfless and giving.

Yesterday I got my mail.
Grocery flyer, bill and an envelope addressed to me.
Threw out the flyer, wanted to throw out the bill,
and wondered what this letter could be from this friend.
I stood at the counter, after a sweatfest at the gym,
grocery shopping, popping in to work for my schedule,
walking the dog, and putting up the food.
I slid my fingers across the envelope, opened the flap,
and pulled out a card with a photo of a lighthouse.
When I opened the card, my heart was happy.
"Hey Lyn" and a whole bunch of smiley face stickers.
Nothing more. Nothing less.
Just a happy note; a simple communication,
a little effort to make someone's day better . . .
and it did!

Thank you Ch-Angel Donna.
You make a difference! You are precious and wonderful.
I appreciate your time, your support and your smiley's!

Imagine if every mailbox had one of those in it . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment