Monday, November 6, 2017

You've Got This

Each morning,
I start my day with a tall glass of water
while wading through emails and Facebook
and then coming here
to try to be encouraging and uplifting.
Sometimes, I am inspired by happy things I read.
Sometimes, I am inspired by amazing folks I know or met.
Sometimes, I am inspired by negativity.
Yup ~ you heard me right!

Negativity can defeat you or embolden you.
When someone behaves poorly,
I think to myself . . . there's a good way NOT to act.
When someone dwells on their troubles,
I think to myself . . . how blessed am I for what I have?!
When someone thinks their life is torturous,
I think to myself . . . my life is really grand!

I may not be a phoenix, but I have risen from the ashes.
I have picked myself up more times than I can count.
I've dusted myself off and started over.
I have struggled and I have also overcome.
You can either whine and wallow,
or strengthen and survive.
The choice is yours.

Freedom and your future are in your own hands.
Plan, pursue, participate, prosper and be positive.
Nothing good ever came from sitting in your own filth.
Change is up to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment