Tuesday, December 26, 2017

My Gifts

Over the years, I have received many great gifts,
but . . . the absolute best ones would be the people in my life.

The ones who said I couldn't.
They made me more determined.
The ones who said I wouldn't.
They made me more persistent.
The ones who betrayed me.
They taught me about trust.
The ones who are whiners.
They taught me about diligence.
The ones who are two-faced liars.
They taught me about honesty.
The ones who are braggarts.
They taught me about humility.

The ones who stood by me.
They taught me about unity.
The ones who listened to me.
They taught me about understanding.
The ones who supported me.
They taught me about strength.
The ones who pushed me.
They taught me about vision.
The ones who guided me.
They taught me about tenacity.
The ones who loved me.
They taught me more than I could ever know.

You see, they've all been gifts.
Some were returned.
Some were exchanged.
Some have been cherished for eons.

Enjoy what's not under the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment