Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Siblings

Today is National Sibling Day.

If any of you are 'only' children,
I have a few to spare.

Sister to six brothers,
life was always . . . interesting.
I've been the measuring stick for jumping bicycles.
I've been the stick person who knocked down the hornet's nest.
I've been the test pilot for angled snow sled trails.
I've been the grand tennis 'partmer'.
I've been the one infatuated with all your friends.
I've been the who calls with every question imaginable.
I've been the classmate who could never get enough of your silliness.
I've been the person who scares the snot out of you.
I've been the sobbing slob when you gave bad news.
I've been the bearer of some pretty terrible news.
I've been the Switzerland to 'battling nations'.

And I birthed two children
who are a couple of the most amazing siblings
ever to grace the face of this earth.

I've been beat up, beat down, laughed at, laughed with,
family banded, Saturday wrestled, and adventured to pieces.
And as crazy as it sounds, I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment