Thursday, January 3, 2019

Expectations

As the new year begins,
we set resolutions for ourselves.
Most are attainable
if we accomplish little goals
on the path to higher expectations.
The issue I have always had,
since I was a less-than-twenty something,
was my expectation that everyone else
would be as nice,
work as hard,
be as honest,
as I am.
Now . . . don't get me wrong.
I have made some serious mistakes.
I fall short every day of where I need to be.
But I give every thing I do my all.
My work and word are appendages.
I hold both in the highest esteem.
To find less than that in others
in bothersome, exhausting, and irritating.
I need to let it go. Perhaps you do, too.
We are in charge of ourselves.
I will continue to be the best me I can be.
Your actions and behavior will not lessen that.
I pray that I inspire you to improve yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment