Friday, June 28, 2019

Self Defense

So, another true story that screams life lesson.

About a hundred years ago,
in the midst of taking taekwondo,
the school dabbled in jiu-jitsu - ground grappling.
As luck would have it,
the owner's son, a several degreed black belt,
picked me to teach. Oh goody!
So, we are rolling around on the floor.
For a very long time.
I am (was) very flexible and kept getting out of holds and bars.
I finally freed myself of his grasp entirely.
I stood up and walked off the mat.
He was not a happy camper and kept requesting my return.
I replied, "You're teaching me to defend myself.
Why would I return to a place where you want to hurt me?"

Still think I'm talking about a dojo?
Still think I'm talking about taekwondo?
Still thinking I'm talking about jiu-jitsu?

I am, emphatically, talking about self defense!


No comments:

Post a Comment