Saturday, June 22, 2019

Thank You

Today is Summersgiving.
Who knew?
It's basically Thanksgiving while it's warm.

Since it needs to start somewhere ...

I am thankful for the day.
I wake up appreciative for another chance.
I can do some good and make a difference.
I am thankful for my family.
My hubby is a keeper and my kids are my heart.
Moments with them make my day seems better, lighter, fuller.
I am thankful for my extended family.
My brothers may not all be speaking but they speak to me.
Maybe, one day, they will once again unite.
My nieces, nephews, and beyond create a beautiful array of hope and love.
I am thankful for my friends.
Some of these folks far surpass 'friend'.
They have gone beyond 'framily'.
They are truly and simply 'something else'.
I would not be what I am and could not imagine life without them.
I am thankful for my battles.
I may have been knocked back and knocked down
but every tribulation has been met and defeated with grace, determination and grit.
I am thankful for my blessings.
What God has brought into my life, what has been listed above,
is a reason to rise each day with joyous anticipation
and to rest my head each night with thankful appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment