Monday, September 16, 2019

Chill

So, I moved from the hustle and bustle of a thriving suburban area in Florida
to the foothills of the mountains of North Carolina.
In Florida,
sometimes within walking distance (even when it's hot),
I could get to a hundred different stores.
Any kind of food I wished for was literally within reach.
Any sort of shopping I chose to do was quite literally at my fingertips.
My neighbors, though nice, were about 16 feet away from me.
The Gulf of Mexico was two miles away.
I kept trying to get exercise and speed-walk on the causeway,
but was an abject failure at that because I became so easily distracted
by the dolphins or boats or just the beautiful water.
In North Carolina,
everything is still within walking distance,
I just would probably need a tent and supplies to get there.
Food consumption has changed, but it is totally for the better.
Everything is (for us) fresh fruits, veggies and a protein.
No more fast food, quick meals on the run.
Shopping is still at my fingertips, but most of it's on-line.
My neighbors … it's all good. I've got over an acre of land.
My back porch is picturesque and serene and peaceful.
No causeway here, but we have a greenway along the river.
I still can't get in a speed-walk because of the
critters, friendly chatter, or just the beautiful surroundings.
It's relaxed. It's different. It's slow.
It's definitely not for everybody, but it's an experience
I think everyone should have.
Find time to disconnect, breathe, unwind, absorb, relax.
Chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment