Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Pay Attention

So, in the past two weeks or so, the following has been posted or sent to me
no less than three or four times.
I'm going to pay attention to the signs that come my way.
Obviously, I need to see it,
but perhaps there's someone out there that needs to see this, too.
Enjoy.

Sea Glass

I want to age like sea glass
Smoothed by tides, not broken.
I want to ride the waves, go with the flow
and feel the impact of the surging tides.
When I am caught
between the rocks and a hard place,
I will rest.
And when I am ready,
I will catch a wave
and let it carry me where I belong.
I want to be picked up and held gently
by those who delight in my well-earned patina.
And appreciate the changes I went through
to achieve this luster.
I want to enjoy the journey
and let me preciousness be, not in spite of the impacts,
but because of them.
I want to age like sea glass.

~ Bernadette Noll
                           

No comments:

Post a Comment